Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thing #2

I am so excited to learn more skills and tools on the Internet. I have not advanced my computer repertoire since I got out of school. I think I am joined by quite a few people in this type of limbo. I am comfortable with what I know but would like to know more. I just needed a place to start. So this opportunity is a perfect diving board. I think a lot of people get stuck in their comfort level and don't venture out. It will be interesting to see how Library 2.0 affects many of those stationary people. There are still plenty of people who are too intimidated to use the online catalog or who get lost while using it. While I am more than happy to assist them in their search for a book I would never want to be in their situation. I want to keep current with computer advances so that I don't fall so far behind and it feels impossible to catch up.

No comments: